To get the best out of your hearing aids and to make them last for the longest possible time they should be stored properly. No matter the brand, style or how much you have paid for your aid, all hearing aids are at risk from various types of damage, which can easily occur if they’re improperly stored.
5 Reasons to Use a Storage Case:
- Dirt: Whether in use or not hearing aids get dirty and dirt breeds germs. A good quality storage case will neutralize bacteria as part of its storage.
- Moisture: The steady build-up of moisture and earwax can ultimately stop your hearing aids from working correctly. It is therefore important to store your device properly when you are not using it. Hearing aid dehumidifiers help prevent the build-up of moisture thereby protecting the internal components of the aid.
- Pets: Some hearing aids can make a high-frequency noise when left with their battery in. This is believed to be a reason why some pets, especially cats, have a tendency to play with and chew on hearing aids.
- Children: Be sure to keep hearing aids away from young children, as parts can be broken, lost or swallowed.
- Extreme Heat or Cold: A protective case will help to avoid exposing your aids to heat or extreme cold.
Hearing Aid Storage Cases
ENDDisclosure: Some of the links on are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support the VOUdeals website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.