Porridge Yogurt Bread is simple and a substantially tasty healthy alternative to processed bread.
1 tub of Organic Low Fat Natural Yogurt 500g
360g of porridge oats
3-4 tbsp milk or almond milk
2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of mixed nuts or seeds; Chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Grease a standard loaf tin (2lbs/900g – 18.5cm x 11.5cm x 9cm) using butter or simply use parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt, egg, milk and bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir in the oats, salt and cup of mixed nuts and seeds.
- Ensure all ingredients are well blended into a doughy texture and then transfer mixture to loaf tin.
- Cut a line down the centre of your loaf and sprinkle with a few nuts and seeds.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove loaf from tin. Return to oven upside down and allow loaf to cook for 5 minutes more to make loaf crispy.
- Insert skewer to ensure that inside of loaf is cooked before removing from oven.
- Leave to cool on a wire tray.
Disclosure: Some of the links on are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support the VOUdeals website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Tags: food, healthy foods