Online shopping is a boon for business but is not without issues, most retailers benefit from a presence online but it also puts them in competition with sellers across the world. However, the growth in eCommerce continues to rise at a faster rate, with the report showing spending online up 15.4 per cent year on year.
Advantages of Online Shopping
The internet has revolutionized the way we shop. Because of the numerous advantages and benefits, more and more people these days prefer buying things online over the conventional method of going into stores. Below are my top five reasons for shopping online.
5 Benefits of Online Shopping
Given below is the list of 5 reasons why online shopping is better than conventional shopping.
- Convenience: The convenience is the biggest perk. You don’t have to queue up at the shop to pay your bills and its available 24/7.
- Better Prices: Daily Deals and better prices are available online, because products come to you directly from the manufacturer or seller without middleman being involved.
- More Variety: One can get several brands and products from different sellers all in one place. You can get in on the latest international trends without spending money on transport or you can shop from retailers in other parts of the country.
- You can send gifts more easily: Sending gifts to relatives and friends is easy, no matter where they are. Be it an occasions like wedding, birthdays, anniversaries, it’s convenient to sit at home and send gifts to your loved ones.
- Fewer Expenses: Many times, when we go for traditional method of shopping we tend to spend a lot more than planned like eating out, parking, transportation and so on.
Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Hidden Costs: Shipping charges. You’ll get the product you wanted alright but you might end up paying more for the shipping than the product is worth. And what happens in events like these? You end up not enjoying your product.
- No Bargaining: If you love bargains, and you bargain a lot at shop, online shopping is not the right place for you!
- No sales assistance: If you are looking for some assistance on a product or would like more info on the products you liked, there is no one to assist you.
- Multiple transactions: Multiple transaction can occur during your online shopping and you might end up paying twice. Most of us have the habit of not checking our credit or debit card statements. If you notice such a transaction most of the retailers are happy to refund your money, but can take some time to get it sorted.
- Wrong Product: Occasionally we end up buying things by seeing the images but realizes it’s not the right product only when it comes to you. Doing little bit of research online is useful. Search for the same product on multiple sites and see the difference, go through the product descriptions and reviews.
Save Money on your Online Shopping
We all love saving money and it doesn’t matter how it comes from. Most of the online shoppers prefer one or two stores of their choice and probably end up in paying more. Majority of the online shoppers subscribe for a newsletter from such retailers. How many of us knows there are ways to save money while doing online shopping?
Keeping this in mind we came up with this site to help online shoppers. Here you can find all the daily deals and coupons from all major online retailers.
Disclosure: Some of the links on are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support the VOUdeals website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Tags: Coupons, Deals, Online Shopping, Shop Online