Microsoft introducing a wealth of new capabilities to enable you to manage Office 365 more effectively. They’ll begin rolling these features out in the coming months. This is associated with Office 365 Roadmap ID’s 14982, 18278, and 16358.
How does this affect you?
These new capabilities include:
– Focused admin experience – To assure that you can more easily find and access the functionality most important to you – such as user management, group management, or billing information.
– Assisted guides – To help you with scenarios such as successfully off boarding an employee from Office 365 using Microsoft best practices.
– Recommendations – To help you make Office 365 more secure or efficient, they’ll start showing personalized recommendations to you in the Office 365 admin center.
– Usage reporting improvements – To help organizations drive end user adoption with the following usage reporting capabilities:
– Microsoft Teams track usage reports
– Reports reader role
– Office 365 Usage Analytics
– Microsoft Graph reporting APIs
– Service Health Notifications via email (preview) – To easily monitor the service and track issues.
– New admin and end user training – To help you learn all the aspects of Office 365 with many resources.
– Scoped Admin Roles (preview) – To delegate and restrict administrative permissions for a group of users.
– New SharePoint admin center – For managing SharePoint more effectively leveraging more functionality.
– New Microsoft Teams and Skype admin center – To manage all aspects of Teams and Skype for Business in a single coherent admin experience.
– Multi-Geo capabilities to Office 365 – To help you meet data residency requirements while enabling modern communication and collaboration experienced for globally dispersed employees.
Microsoft will be gradually rolling these features out in the next weeks, and the roll out will be completed over the next few months.
What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
There is nothing you need to do to prepare for this change.
Disclosure: Some of the links on are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support the VOUdeals website, and we genuinely appreciate your support. Tags: Microsoft, Office 365